Customer Service Representative
Ametros Financial is a collaboration of insurance and healthcare professionals with a vision to revolutionize how medical care and healthcare payment processing is coordinated for patients, insurance payors, and providers with cutting edge technology, continuous innovation, and world class service enabling those seeking care to live happier, healthier, and more productive lives. Our depth of expertise in the insurance, healthcare, financial services and software industries has positioned us to develop the best product in the marketplace for managing medical treatment, ensuring regulatory compliance, and solving complex billing and payment issues in the healthcare world. Our patented card and systems allow injured workers (our Members) to receive medical treatment seamlessly and gain access to cutting-edge billing support, while remaining in compliance with Medicare and other regulatory requirements. Please visit www.ametroscards.com to learn more!
The Ametros team is made up of critical-thinkers, innovators and ambitious professionals who are driven towards success by leveraging innovative approaches and technology in the insurance and healthcare services sectors. Ametros Financial offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, as well as paid vacation time.
Purpose & Scope:
We are seeking someone who is enthusiastic, ambitious and enjoys the challenge of a growing business that is poised to change the way care is coordinated. The Customer Service Specialist will be a part of the Ametros Member Services Team. This role is responsible for ensuring that our members have seamless and exceptional service. This includes monitoring pharmacy claims, answering customer questions both over the telephone and via email, and troubleshooting for our online member web portal. The position requires excellent phone and email communication skills with the ability to adapt correspondences to a wide variety of audiences, including attorneys, insurance claims adjusters, claimants, and physicians. The role works closely with the sales team and billing team to facilitate proper transition and management of members. Team collaboration is a vital part of everyday success.
- Manage member inquires via email, incoming and outbound calls
- Identify and assess members needs to achieve customer satisfaction
- Provide a warm welcome for new members, seamlessly transitioning them onto the one of our Ametros Healthcare Card platforms
- Explain the product and service as it relates to billing and medical authorization to various parties by both phone and email
- Assist members navigate our online website and their online web portal
- Process Durable Medical Equipment requests
- Process receipts for reimbursement
- Assist with locating, providers, transportation, pharmacies and setting up appointments for members
- Participate in ongoing training to enhance job skills and knowledge
- Act in compliance with security and HIPPA policies and procedures
- Lead or participate in special projects as assigned by management
- Ability to work a rotating weekend and afterhours shift
Benefits of Working at Ametros!
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage!
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- Life Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plans
- An open and collaborative atmosphere. All team members are seated at tables, not cubicles!
Experience, Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a customer service/call center role
- Experience in a business related to healthcare / Medicare, insurance services, case management or workers’ compensation customer service is a plus, but not required
- Proven success in client-facing, customer service rolesSkills/Competencies:
- Exceptional attention to detail given that this role will be managing financial transactions
- Adaptability- the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, work load, or schedule
- Dependability- the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instruction, and responds to management direction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to adapt communication style depending on audience
- Aptitude for problem-solving- the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Sound business judgment and computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A desire to continue to learn and improve both self and the organization
- A professional presence
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish is strongly preferred
The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.