Associate Product Manager
Ametros Financial is a collaboration of insurance and healthcare professionals with a vision to revolutionize how medical care and healthcare payment processing is coordinated for patients, insurance payors, and providers with cutting edge technology, continuous innovation, and world class service enabling those seeking care to live happier, healthier, and more productive lives. Our depth of expertise in the insurance, healthcare, financial services and software industries has positioned us to develop the best product in the marketplace for managing medical treatment, ensuring regulatory compliance, and solving complex billing and payment issues in the healthcare world. Our patented card and systems allow injured workers (our Members) to receive medical treatment seamlessly and gain access to cutting-edge billing support, while remaining in compliance with Medicare and other regulatory requirements. Please visit www.ametroscards.com to learn more!
The Ametros team is made up of critical-thinkers, innovators and ambitious professionals who are driven towards success by leveraging innovative approaches and technology in the insurance and healthcare services sectors. Ametros Financial offers a competitive benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, as well as paid vacation time.
Purpose & Scope:
Ametros product managers drive all aspects of product management to meet revenue, customer satisfaction, and timing deliverables. Accountable for managing, prioritizing, and defining backlogs and roadmaps. Work closely with key stakeholders from cross functional teams to provide the "Voice-of-the-Customer" ensuring real world customer needs are met through the execution of the agile development cycle. This role is pivotal in Ametros' ability to scale as we continue to add clients onto our platform and grow rapidly year over year.
Essential Functions of the Role:
- Manage the creation, prioritization and maintenance of backlog epics, stories, and acceptance criteria
- Assist the Product Managers in coordinating with development and other stakeholders using agile methodology – sprint planning, reviews, retrospectives, and daily stand-ups to ensure completion of planned work.
- Engage with cross-functional teams including product managers, designers, analysts, testers, developers, and others to deliver against the product roadmap
- Collaborate extensively with stakeholders ensuring that communication occurs frequently and any unseen risks are quickly mitigated
- Serve as the subject matter expert for your products
- Maintain documentation for customer care team and respond to new feature requests.
- Solicit and embrace critical feedback such as product direction, customer usage, customer behavior, or other business metrics
- Document personas, use-cases, and business processes
- Document high level and story level requirements
- Demonstrate product capabilities
- Solve problems by developing innovative and creative solutions that address user needs and align with broader product strategy.
- Run proof of concept projects and experiments
Experience, Education and Qualifications:Experience
- Minimum of 2-3 years relevant experience as a Product Owner, Associate Product Owner, or Business Analyst in a commercial SaaS company with a highly agile (Kanban, Scrum, XP) environment
- Ability to break down big functional pieces into small items that can be delivered in scope of one iteration
- Experience with health care technology or claims system
- Proven track record of identifying, documenting and delivering business requirements thoroughly; avoiding concerns later in the product development life cycle.
- Experience developing, maintaining, updating, and reporting on project plans
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent work experience
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to gain respect and influence leadership in cross-functional teams
- Ability to empathize with a variety of customers and to translate their needs into solutions
- Ability to create buy in for product vision
- Passion for working in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment